Blogging is a great way to communicate with your audience and position your business as a thought leader in your industry.
Statistics has shown that businesses that blog receives more organic traffic than their counterpart. More traffic means more exposure, which also leads to more sales.
Here are some Blogging Statistics you should consider:
- Websites with a blog have tend to have 434% more indexed pages. (Source TechClient.com)
- 47% of buyers viewed 3-5 pieces of content before engaging with a sales rep. (Source: Demand Gen Report)
- B2B marketers that use blogs get 67% more leads than those that do not. (Source: Hubspot)
- Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13x more likely to achieve a positive ROI on their efforts. (Source: Hubspot)
- Companies who blog receive 97% more links to their website. (Source: Hubspot)
- Blogs have been rated as the 5th most trusted source for accurate online information. (Source: Hubspot)
- 45% of marketers say blogging is the #1 most important piece of their content strategy. (Source: SocialMediaExaminer)
- Websites with a blog have tend to have 434% more indexed pages. (Source: TechClient)
- “Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links” (Source: Hubspot)
- “B2B marketers using blogs generate 67% more leads” (Source: Inside View)
- “82% of consumers enjoy reading relevant content from brands” (Source: Tech Client)
- “Once you write 21-54 blog posts, blog traffic generation increases by up to 30%” (Source: Traffic Generation Café)
From these few blogging statistics, you will realize that blogging is an important component of digital marketing.
So how do you use Blogging to build your business?
There are various reasons why people engage in blogging. But the major reason why most businesses engage in blogging is to engage their audience, gain their trust and sell them their products and services.
Here are 5 ways to grow your business by using Blogging.
1) Chose a Blogging Platform
There are various blogging platforms and the most popular ones are WordPress, Blogger, Medium and Tumblr. I personally recommend WordPress due to the numerous plugins and themes available on the platform.
While using WordPress, I also recommend you get a domain and hosting account that will enable you install WordPress from your website hosting control panel. The free WordPress platform has limitations on plugins and themes to use.
2) Inform Your Target Audience
Your business blog is useless if it’s not passing information to your target audience. You need to use your blog platform to inform your target audience. Your blog should also provide answers to some questions your prospects might be having.
In most industries, sales only occur when the customer is satisfied with the information that was provided. Provide as much information as possible to your audience through your business blogging platform.
3) Blog Consistently
Blogging consistency has numerous advantages including search engine listing. It’s recommended you blog weekly if you truly want to utilize blogging to grow your business.
4) Use Keywords That Your Audience Will Search For
Let’s assume you are a car dealer based in Lagos. You would have known that most searchers will be searching for car dealers in Lagos. In order to be listed on search engine like Google when your target audience searches for car dealers in Lagos, you can write and publish a blog post with the following title “How to choose a good car dealer in Lagos”.
If your blog have been online for some time and with proper optimization, you can start ranking for that keyword. When searchers visit your blog and receive value from the content, they may end up sending you enquiries about the cars you sell. This is what is called Inbound Marketing.
You just need to position your business in a way that those that need your products and services can locate you easily when they search for the products and services you offer.
5) Share Exclusive Promo
Who does not love promo? 🙂
By offering exclusive promo to your dedicated blog readers, you can be sure of getting higher response to your offer. Once a while, publish promos on your business blog. This will also ensure that your readers come back to your post more often because they don’t want to miss out on any promo.
Blogging for your business is a good way of attracting prospects and converting them to clients. A blog will also position you as an influencer and expert in your field. Such positioning has numerous benefits and that include sales generation.
If you own a business, you need to start blogging in your business niche and enjoy the numerous benefits of blogging.